June 02, 2009

Schell's Pale Ale

Now I'm not one who usually enjoys a pale ale or IPA(India Pale Ale), I just can't find one that is really good and enjoyable to drink. I'm always willing to try a new one though, in the hopes of finding one I can enjoy!

Photobucket

Schell's is the only brewery that produces this particular beer style. It was brewed in celebration of the 135th Anniversary of Schell's and was so popular, they re-introduced it under the name German Pale Ale. With the characteristics of an IPA's English malts and hops then combined with a German Alt yeast, it really a hybrid of sorts.

This brew has a good head and a lacing that stays with glass the whole way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Pale Ale has a flowery, hop aroma and good flavor. It's spicy and creamy, hoppy and malty and you can even taste the yeast!! Just Excellent!!!

I love the taste, the bitterness of it as a whole and the creaminess of the aftertaste. It's described on it's own site as : "Rich maltiness with a distinct hop bitterness."

Just remember this beer has an ABV of 5.75%, I know that may not sound like much, but when you start drinking, do it responsibly. One ends up ten, then you just forget how incapacitated you really are.

Save me a pint!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment