June 26, 2009

Sierra Nevada Stout



To start off, Sierra Nevada Stout has a 5.8% ABV. Beginning gravity-16.0 Plato and ending gravity of 4.8 Plato. The yeast is a top fermenting Ale yeast. It uses Magnum bittering hops and finishing hops of Cascade and Willamette. The Malts used are Two-row Pale, Munich, Caramel and Black.

The aroma is malty and roasty with a deep-dark hue that is good for a stout. It also has a good head and lacing all the way down the glass!




It tastes very creamy, malty and some sweetness in there. A bit of bitterness too to complement it all. A nice change from other stouts.



Not bad at all, good job! If I couldn't have Guinness or it didn't exist (Heaven forbid!)I would definitely drink this stout. I just may have to pick up a six or twelve pack of Sierra Nevada Stout to enjoy when I'm out of my usual Stout!

No comments:

Post a Comment